January 20, 2010

Brett Favre Sees the Shrink

Note: This is not actual transcript.


"Dude, you suckkkk!"

Shrink: Hello Brett, nice game on Sunday. I see you slapping guys' butts, it looks like you're really enjoying yourself.

Favre: Yes sir Mr. Miller, having a great time. I really think we can knock off those New Orleans boys next week.

Shrink: You better, I have $20,000 riding on it.

Favre: What?

Shrink: Nothing, so on to our appointment... How does it feel to get back to this point in a Minnesota uniform? Would you rather be in the NFC Championship with the Packers?

Favre: No sir Mr. Miller, I wouldn't have it any other way. As I said earlier this season, this is the best team I've ever been on.

Shrink: I hope you realize that 105% of all Packers fans have turned on you. It was one thing when you played for the Jets and nobody cared, but you turned around and signed with the enemy Vikings...

Favre: Man, I don't care what those Cheese-faces think. They turned their backs on me when I wanted to come out of retirement, but they already moved on to "Cali Boy" Rodgers.

Shrink: He is a good quarterback, Brett, and he waited his turn behind you for three years.

Favre: Yeah, but I'm Brett Favre, baby! I was the king of Wisconsin for 15 years, whatever I wanted to do, they should have obliged me.


WOOOOOO!

Shrink: But all they wanted to do was move on. They knew you were considering retirement soon and wanted to be prepared by drafting Rodgers.

Favre: They forced me out! They drafted Rodgers to push me out! They wanted me to retire!

Shrink: You may think that, Brett, but you did actually announce your retirement then back out of it, a few times.

Favre: Yeah but—

Shrink: I think it's fair to say that Green Bay had the right to move on after you retired. You can't expect them to sign Sage Rosenfels to a multi-year deal and have a grieving stage. Aaron Rodgers earned his chance to play in the NFL and he stepped in for you.

Favre: Geez Mr. Miller, that's being pretty blunt with me and I guess I deserved that. But that was a cheap shot at Sage, he is our third quarterback and a good guy... And his wife bakes me cookies.

Shrink: I apologize Brett, but you have to realize, you used to be King of Wisconsin, but now you are just a traitor. If you went to pretty much any other team than one in the NFC North, you would have been alright with the Green Bay fans, but you went to Minnesota. Why?

Favre: They welcomed me, okay? Minnesota really wanted me. Even though the players were kind of skeptical at first, saying it was Tarvaris Jackson's team, until they realized I was a beast and Jackson is a chump compared to me and I won them over.


WOOOOOO?

Shrink: Do you feel bad at all for Tarvaris Jackson? They got all of these weapons for him on offense and then you come in and take them away...

Favre: Do you know how ridiculous you sound? They were building their team around Tarvaris Jackson because he was all they had. Shit, even Gus Frerotte started over him at one point. He is a great guy, but he is a below-average quarterback at best.

Shrink: I think that's all for today Brett, good luck in the Superdome and I'll see you next week.

Favre: It's always great to talk to you Mr. Miller. I like this far better than doing an interview with some know-nothing sideline girl, at least here I can be real. See you next week, hopefully we'll be talking about the Super Bowl and not the Pro Bowl...

1 comment:

  1. Good thing you have a disclaimer because I was almost certain this was a real conversation.

    ReplyDelete